Tuesday 1 June 2010

This is the bottom line, as Steve Austim would say so

I am not a guy to go around and see every piece of cinematograph ever produced, but today taken by curiosity I went to what I prefer to refer to as "THE END OF LIFE AS WE KNOW IT".
The name of the masterpiece: "Tooth Fairy" the leading actor: the once known as THE ROCK, well known World Wrestling Entertainment superstar.
Any guy on its 20s will remember the days of smelling what the Rock was cooking, the peoples champion, as he so many times liked to describe himself. Well, WWE wrestler is not exactly the type of job that your mom would say on the day of your birth - "I would like my son to be a WWE wrestler, a superstar!!" can you imagine that?? I can't. Although is a profession that in most of times is driven by passion, I also thing that can be somewhat profitable, but passion comes first.
Going back for the potatoes, the Rock was one of the most well known wrestlers and boy was he ever good. But it seems to me as if all that he had conquered for himself wasn't enough, and like a season bird he flew to bring spring to other areas. Did it work??? I am very sure that it might, I mean he isn't, lets face, the best actor the world has even seen, actually far from that, I think that on his movies he can only play one character, THE ROCK.
It does not matter what's his role on the movie, from Egyptian Mummy, American Cop, driver, detective and the most recent one tooth fairy, the only thing I can see is the wrestler, and that must be part of why his movies have such a bad review. I mean, you want to see THE ROCK at his best behaviour, at the rink with long boots and a pair of swimming trunks.
People shouldn't fight it’s nature, it is not only silly but also useless. The bottom line for all that would be: "THE ROCK EXCHANGED BEING ONE OF THE GREATEST WRESTLER TO BECOME A LESS THAN AVAREGE, MEDIOCRE MOVIE ACTOR". -"CAN YOU SMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING???????"

1 comment:

  1. Nicholas,

    Hope you are well. I've been reading your blogs. You've been a busy guy! Marie and I are coming back for another "Canada Day in London" celebration. Unfortunately Colin Patterson and his Stanly Cup ring won't be making the trip this year but hopefully we can hook up and have a good visit again. My email address is pberezan@wellwest.ca.
    Take care and hopefully we will see you soon!
    Perry Berezan

    ReplyDelete