Tuesday 7 January 2014

Team Canada's Selections for Sochi 2014

Today Hockey Canada announced it's roster for the Sochi 2014 Olympics which will be starting up in five weeks. I was glued to the television and active on twitter in anticipation of this announcement. So when 11am came around, I was excited to hear Steve Yzerman(team Canada General Manager) announce the roster. Apparently I was not the only one to be excited because as Marcel Aubut(Head of the Canadian Olympic Committee), team representatives and the transport ministers speeches all carried on, Twitter began to blow up. Here are some of my favorite tweets during that time.

Ugh. I can't listen to Aubut ramble on. I'm making up my own Olympic roster instead: Whitey Stapleton, Lanny, Steve Larmer & Andre Racicot.

https://twitter.com/MrButterChicken
"Next, Hockey Canada will have Yoko Ono setting fire to an electric violin. This is symbolic of hockey somehow."

No comments:

Post a Comment